Customize your trip
Plaza de Armas: It is surrounded by the Government Palace, the Cathedral and the Municipal Palace.
Churches and Convents San Francisco, Santo Domingo, La Merced, Las Nazarenas, San Pedro, San Agustín, Los Descalzos, San Marcelo and Santa Rosa.
Museums and Manor Houses Torre Tagle, Pilatos' House, Osambela Palace, National Museum, National Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology, Gold Museum of Peru, among others.
Archaeological Zones: Huallamarca and Pucllana.
Pachacamac: Pre-Incan temple built of adobe with different levels, halls and labyrinths.
Gastronomy in Lima: There is a wide diversity of restaurants and bars.
Height and Weather
- Height: 133 m.a.s.l.
- Weather: From November to April the weather is warm. From May to September it is cool and humid.
- Temperature: 76 to 60 °F / 25 to 15 °C approx.
- Rainy Season: Light drizzle from June to October.
Typical food and drinks
- It offers you an endless number of fusion cuisine combinations. Due to its proximity to the sea, the main Lima dishes are based on seafood and fish. The most outstanding dishes are Cebiche, Escabeche, Conchitas a la Parmesana and Shrimp Cocktail.
- Other well-known Lima dishes are Cau-Cau, Anticuchos and Ají de Gallina.
- Desserts: Mazamorra morada, Picarones, Suspiro a la Limeña, Arroz con Leche and Turrón de Doña Pepa.
- Drinks: Chicha Morada; Pisco Sour, cocktail based on Pisco, Peruvian lemon and sugar.
- From January 12 to 19: Lima Week.
- Fourth week of March Vendimia Festival in Surco. In this district of a long-standing wine tradition, the festival queens are elected.
- Holly Week: A spirit of reverence is displayed during this time in memory of Jesus Christ.
- Third week of May: Peruvian Paso Horse National Contest in a tourist complex of Pachacámac.
- July 28 and 29: Independence Day celebrations with official activities.
- August 30: Santa Rosa de Lima. Pilgrimage to Quives district in the province of Canta.
- October: Month of The Lord of Miracles, official patron of the city.