Day 1: Arrival in Lima
- Upon arrival at the Lima airport, a TRIP PERU representative will be waiting to transfer you to the hotel.
- According to the time of your arrival, you can visit the most representative places of Lima. For example: the Plaza Mayor, the Cathedral, the Archbishopric of Lima or the Magical Water Circuit.
Day 2: Arrival to Puerto Maldonado
- After breakfast, we will take you to the airport to take your flight to Puerto Maldonado.
- Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the port, where you will board a boat that will take you to your lodge in the jungle. Thus, you will begin to immerse yourself in the peace and warmth of the Tambopata River and the tropical jungle.
- When you arrive to your lodge, your guide will tell you about the activities you can enjoy during your stay.
- Prepare for the next adventure.
Day 3: Tropical Forest Tour
- We begin the tour in a nearby lake to observe a wide variety of wildlife, such as: alligators, turtles, waders, and even giant otters.
- You will return to the lodge for lunch. Finishing, the guide will take you through the forest, observing hidden inhabitants of the jungle and native plants.
- Return for dinner. Then, you will come back to the jungle for a walk where you can see nocturnal creatures.
Day 4: Arrival to Cusco
- After breakfast, you will return to Puerto Maldonado by boat and you will be transferred to the airport to take your flight to Cusco. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Depending on the time of arrival, you have the rest of the day to explore the city of Cusco.
Day 5: Cusco City Tour
- You will have the morning free to visit the less visited attractions. For example: the San Pedro Market and the San Blas neighborhood.
- In the afternoon, you will visit the historic city of Cusco, where you can appreciate the fabulous wooden carvings and altars of the monuments.
- Then, you will visit Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun) and the Inca Fortress of Sacsayhuaman (place chosen for the Inti Raymi). Also, you will meet Kenko and Puca Pucara.
- In the afternoon, you will return to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 6: Sacred Valley Tour
- We start the route visiting the Inca Balcony in Chinchero, a place with an impressive view where you will meet several families that still preserve their ancestral customs.
- After, we will arrive to Ollantaytambo (Inca fortress) and continue to the town. Here you will learn about the Inca city planning that still remains over the years.
- In the afternoon, you will be transferred to your hotel in the Sacred Valley.
Day 7: Machu Picchu Tour
- After breakfast, you will board the train to the town of Aguas Calientes. In this journey you can see the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley.
- Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the bus station to go up to the citadel. We will tour the most important sites of Machu Picchu.
- Then, you will have time to have lunch and explore around the old citadel. At the appropriate time, we will return to Cusco.
Day 8: Arrival to Puno
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to the bus station for your trip to Puno. On the route, you will see beautiful landscapes and visit important places, such as the chapel of Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of America) and the Archaeological Center of Raqchi (sanctuary of the God Wiracocha).
- Next, a stop will be made in Sicuani to have lunch and follow the road to Puno, thus reaching the highest point of the trip, La Raya. Here, you will also enjoy breathtaking views. The last stop will be in Pukara (an important ceremonial center).
- Finally, you will arrive in Puno and be transferred to your hotel.
Day 9: Titicaca Lake Tour
- On this excursion you will visit the most beautiful islands of the Lake. Starting in the Uros Islands, where its inhabitants still maintain their traditions.
- Then, you will visit the island of Taquile. Upon your arrival, you will climb the hill to visit the most important places. If the sky is clear you can see the volcanoes located on the Bolivian coasts.
- Return to Puno in the afternoon.
Day 10: Departure from Puno
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your return home or your next destination in Peru.
- On the way, we will stop at the archaeological site of Sillustani, located on the shores of Lake Umayo. A charming and mystical landscape!
- Do you want to visit more places in Peru? We offer you the best personalized tours to learn more about Peru in a safe and responsible way.