Day 1: Arrival in Lima
- Upon arrival at the airport, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Get ready for the adventure!
Day 2: Lima Tour
- The city tour in Lima starts in the afternoon, visiting the main streets and enjoying a beautiful view to the Pacific Ocean in Miraflores.
- After that, we will visit the Huaca Huallamarca (site of the pre-Inca period). Next, we will visit the Government Palace and the Main Square; continuing with the Cathedral and the Santo Domingo Church.
- Back to your hotel.
Day 3: Lima - Cusco Tour
- You will be transferred to the airport to take the flight to Cusco. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel.
- The Tour in Cusco begins with a visit to the Cathedral and the Main Square. Then, Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun), a center of worship to the Sun God.
- Next, you will visit and learn about the main archaeological centers: Sacsayhuaman, place chosen for the Sun Festival (Inti Raymi). Also, the ceremonial center of Kenko and the tambos of Puca Pucara and Tambomachay, a spring that never runs out.
- Back to your hotel.
Day 4: Cusco - Sacred Valley Tour
- In the morning, you will visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas, on the way you will enjoy beautiful landscapes. The first stop will be at the Urpi market in Chincheros, a place where crafts are sold.
- The tour will end at the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo, a strategic place to watch over the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Back to your hotel.
Day 5: Sacred Valley Homestay
- In the morning, you will head to Chinchero, where you will start the hike through narrow trails while enjoying beautiful and natural views.
- Arriving to the Community of Misminay, our friends will be waiting for you with a delicious verbena drink and the lunch. Then, the women of the place will teach you the textile techniques of ancestral times.
- In the evening, we will go to the community meeting center to enjoy a delicious dinner and an astronomy class.
Day 6: Sacred Valley Homestay
- We start the walk downhill and through the field towards the Moray Archeological Center.
- A wonderful place consisting of enormous agricultural terraces and is believed were once an agricultural laboratory used by the Incas
- Farewell from the community and return to your hotel.
Day 7: Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu Tour
- On the first day in Machu Picchu you will be transferred to the train station where you will start the tour. You will arrive to the town of Aguas Calientes to take the bus that will take you to the top of the mountain.
- In the guided tour you will visit the main sites. Then, you will go back to Aguas Calientes and enjoy a delicious lunch, spending the night at the hotel of your choice.
Day 8: Machu Picchu - Cusco
- Second day in Machu Picchu. You will have the morning free to explore the town of Aguas Calientes, where you can visit the hot springs. Even, if you want you can visit the citadel of Machu Picchu and the nearby mountain, Huayna Picchu.
- Upon your arrival at the train station you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 9: Cusco - Puno Tour
- In the morning, you will take the Inka Express bus to Puno, on the way you will make some stops in beautiful places.
- You will visit the chapel of Andahuaylillas (The Sistine Chapel of America) and the archaeological center of Raqchi (sanctuary of the God Wiracocha).
- After that, you will make a short stop in Sicuani for lunch and then continue with the journey to Puno. Thus, you will reach the highest point, La Raya, where you will enjoy breathtaking landscapes.
- The final stop will be in Pukara and you will end the day in the city of Puno. Upon your arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 10: Titicaca Lake Homestay
- In the morning, you will board the boat. The first stop will be on the islands of the Uros, where houses, boats and everything else are made of reed.
- Then, you will visit the Amantani Island, where the locals will be waiting for you for lunch. In the afternoon, you will take a walk to the Pachatata ceremonial center, where you will learn more about the customs of the place.
- Finally, you will go to the house of a family where you will spend the night and share a typical dinner.
Day 11: Titicaca Lake Homestay
- After breakfast, you will board the boat to the Taquile Island, where you will walk until you reach the town. If the sky is clear you can even see the volcanoes that are located on the Bolivian shores of the lake.
- You will have lunch in Taquile before returning to the city of Puno.
Day 12: Puno - Lima
- You will be transferred to the airport to take the flight to Lima. On the way you will visit the unusual tombs of Sillustani, which belong to pre Inca times.
- Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 13: Departure from Lima
- You will be transferred to the airport to take your flight back home.
- If you would like to continue doing Tourism in Peru, in Trip Peru we have the best customized tours for you. Tell us! What is your next destination?